Monday, November 17, 2008
[fwd] call for materials: web portal for finnish experimental art
Charm of Sound @ Kantis, Helsinki, 3 May 2008
I picked this up from ooooo mailing list (a Finnish list concentrating on experimental, improvisation, psychedelic/forest folk, free jazz and other leftfield music genres), thinking this project might be of interest to some readers of this blog. If you want to contribute, contact rrepeatt[at]gmail.com ...
call for materials: web portal for finnish experimental art
Posted by: "pleaserepeat" rrepeatt[at]gmail.com
Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:21 pm (PST)
i am setting up a database / portal for Finnish experimental music and sound art. the site will feature detailed artist profiles, along with a calendar of upcoming concerts, links to relevant resources, record labels, organisations etc. although the focus is on music and sound, experimental artists working in other medias are also welcome. the aim is to provide a centralised internet presence for the experimental community, to document the scope of experimental art activities in Finland, and to encourage networking between artists of similar interests both nationally and internationally.
if you have worked in experimental music / sound / other art for some time, live and work currently or mainly in Finland, and are interested in participating, feel free to supply materials (in Finnish or English) to: rrepeatt[at]gmail.com.
please note that while people from all backgrounds (academic, underground, etc.) are welcome, some measure of established position is required for inclusion at least for the time being. otherwise the website will be neutral and objective, and only materials supplied by the artists themselves will be published. no profiles will be added without explicit participation from the artists themselves.
- name / name of project, group, members etc.
- year of birth / foundation
- contact information (e-mail, official website)
- trade (composer, musician, director, etc)
- main instruments / tools (if applicable)
- background (possible education, etc.)
- close collaborators, group affiliations (for linking to other artists)
- short description of main interests
- longer description of interests/aims/ intent (important!)
- work history (discography etc.)
- sound / video clips (in compressed format)
- press clippings (scanned or typed)
please feel free to forward this invitation to possibly interested parties.
[End of forwarded message]
Another blog on Finnish experimental music just found: Äänellä (in Finnish)...