Monday, July 11, 2005

Eclectro Lounge #15



Finally, the long-awaited(?) "Le Weekend Special" for Eclectro Lounge, though I have to say that as far as the amount of audience present, the night was "only" OK. Mike Not and me played this time "back-to-back", meaning we spinned only short sets in turn. The musical order of this night consisted of dub reggae, new wave funk, '88 UK house, a bit of old skool hiphop and synthpop, vintage acid house and more recent girlie-girlie electro pop. Some of it was horrifyingly "popular" (a couple of people even danced which has been unfortunately rare at our nights), so not much for underground electro headz this time either, but I didn't see too many of those people around, anyway. And oh yes, Lasso800 of local Slavic Walkmen posse played as a guest DJ a nice set of cool IDM.

Lately I've become more and more into "megamixes": they were a sort of remix medleys of different dance tracks mixed rapidly together -- and often featuring some funny sounds, speech samples and music from old movies and TV shows, etc. -- which were still in vogue in the 80s, but I haven't seen too many of those around lately. Mike Not has played at Eclectro Lounge some great old megamixes with such artists as New Order or Sigue Sigue Sputnik, and I too have some "Beatbox" remixes of Danish origin from the 80s (I played DJ Jack's '88 UK house mix myself). Does any of the current artists still do megamixes, and if so, where to find them? For example, I'd sure love to play a megamix of new electro myself!

The tracklist here.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

No comments: